Great Lakes Athletic Trainers’ Association 51st Annual Meeting and Symposium
March 13-16, 2019
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED - We look forward to seeing you next year!!
Registration will also be available on-site:
- Wed, March 13th - 1:00pm – 5:00pm
- Thurs, March 14th - 8:00am – 3:30pm
- Fri, March 15th - 7:00am – 12:00pm
Please bring ID. We accept: cash, check or credit card.
Please click here for the final program.
Download the new Mobile App for Attendees
Hotel: Westin Chicago North Shore
601 N. Milwaukee Ave. Wheeling, IL
The 2019 GLATA Meeting will be located at the Westin Chicago North Shore. Follow this link (https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/GreatLakesAthleticTrainersAssociation2019) make your reservation. The block of rooms will be released on February 16, 2019.
Convention Rate: $123.00/night plus tax
For room reservations, please call (847) 777-6500 and inform them that you are attending the Great Lakes Athletic Trainers Association Meeting so that you will receive the convention rate.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
2600 Lake Cook Road, Riverwoods, Illinois 60015
Follow this link to make your reservation. The group code is GL9.
The block of rooms will be released on February 28, 2019.
Convention Rate: $124.00/night plus tax
For room reservations, please call (847) 374-0260 and inform them that you are attending the Great Lakes Athletic Trainers Association Meeting so that you will receive the convention rate.
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago North Shore Deerfield
1445 Lake Cook Road, Deerfield, Illinois 60015
Follow this link: (https://www.hilton.com/en/es/groups/personalized/D/DEFILES-GLA-20190312/index.jhtml) to make your reservation.
Convention Rate: $114.00/night plus tax
For room reservations, please call (847) 945-4500 and inform them that you are attending the Great Lakes Athletic Trainers Association Meeting so that you will receive the convention rate.
2019 GLATA Annual Meeting Learning Objectives
1. Apply evidence-based approaches for the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment to patient centered care plans across a variety of clinical populations.
2. Evaluate the psychosocial and environmental barriers to delivering team-based healthcare in collaboration with patients from various settings.
3. Apply information technology to promote practice-based research and conduct quality improvement projects.
4. Apply current best practice in pre-hospital emergency management and acute injuries and illnesses.
5. Assess how athletic training best evidence and practice can achieve the Quadruple Aim - simultaneously improve health care, improve population health, improve provider well-being, and reduce healthcare costs.
Cancellation / Refund Policy
All refund requests must be completed electronically by clicking the link here. Refund requests must be made within 10 days of the conclusion of the meeting. Refund requests not received within 10 days will not be processed. No refunds will be processed on-site. Refunds will be made within 30 days after receipt. There will be a $10.00 cancellation fee.
GLATA is recognized by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education for Certified Athletic Trainers.
No individual should be denied participation in CE programs offered by the GLATA on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, military status, sexual orientation or age.
District Four is looking for a representative to serve on the NATA Convention Planning Committee. Those interested should (1) value the philosophy of evidence-based practices, (2) appreciate the breadth of the athletic training profession, (3) utilize effective communication practices, and (4) enjoy collaborative work in a large group.Read More »