Great Lakes Athletic Trainers’ Association 50th Annual Meeting and Symposium
March 14-17, 2018
Registration will be on Eventbrite, you will be able to register on-site.
2017 Program can be accessed here.
Hotel: Westin Chicago North Shore
2017 Program Highlights
A total of 20 CEUs were offered, 9 Category A, and 11 EBP
- 9 additional mini-courses were offered in conjunction with the Annual Meeting. Six of these mini-courses offered additional EBP CEUs
- The Pinky Newell Address was presented by Dr. Julian Biles. Julian Bailes, MD, is the chairman of the department of neurosurgery and co-director of NorthShore University HealthSystem’s Neurological Institute. He is also the man behind the Dr. Bailes character played by Alec Baldwin in ‘Concussion’ followed by the GLATA Awards ceremony.
- A full program for Athletic Training Students was planned and executed by the GLATA Student Senate. Please see the posted final program for more details
- Evidence-Based Practice in the Management of Sport-Related Concussion (Minicourse C) offered in conjunction with the NATA offers 4 EBP CEUS.
Learning Objectives for the GLATA 2017 Annual Meeting and Clinical Symposium
Participants will be able to appraise and apply current evidence in order to:
1. Select and implement strategies to effectively evaluate, diagnose, and treat concussions.
2. Differentiate between a variety of conditions in the lower extremity and develop/coordinate appropriate treatment for patient-centered outcomes.
3. Develop an action plan to address professional responsibilities as it relates to work/life balance, interprofessional collaboration, clinical outcomes assessment, leadership, and management.
4. Apply current best practices in emergency management as it relates to pre-hospital care.
Cancellation / Refund Policy
All refund requests must be made to the GLATA Registration Director at P.O. Box 436, Crystal Lake, IL 60039, within 10 days of the conclusion of the meeting. Refund requests not received within 10 days will not be processed. No refunds will be processed on-site. Refunds will be made within 30 days after receipt. There will be a $10.00 cancellation fee.
GLATA is recognized by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education for Certified Athletic Trainers.
No individual should be denied participation in CE programs offered by the GLATA on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, military status, sexual orientation or age.