About the GLATA Research Assistance Committee
The GLATA Research Assistance Committee encourages and fosters research activity among the GLATA membership. We acknowledge that some research experience is necessary before more frequent and sophisticated research can be completed. The committee will serve three functions:
- Consultative resource for information concerning research project merit, research design and oral/written presentation of project results.
- Provision of annual Research Assistance grants.
- Organize the free communication sessions (certified member and non-certified member) at the GLATA Annual Meeting and Symposium.
GLATA Research Assistance Committee Members
William Pitney, III, EdD., ATC, FNATA
Lindsey E. Eberman PhD, ATC
Lisa S. Jutte, Ph.D, ATC
David R. Bell, PhD, ATC
Janet E. Simon, PhD, AT
Christopher Kuenze, PhD, ATC
Chris Curless, ATC, LAT
GLATA Research Assistance Grants
The GLATA Research Assistance Committee is pleased to announce enhanced funding for its grant program. Please note the new deadlines and structure. We are accepting proposals for the following research grants:
Student Grant Program
Masters Student Grant: $1,500 – Due April 15
Doctoral Student Grant: $2,500 – Due April 15
Professional Grant Program
Certified Professional Member Grant: $6,000 – Due September 15
Guidelines and information for GLATA Research Assistance Grants is available below
Access to the Research Grant Application Cover Sheet is available belowGrant Cover Sheet and Conflict of Interest Form
Click the "Apply Here" button below for guidelines and application. *Access is limited to GLATA members.
Abstracts of GLATA-Funded Projects
(listed by presentation date)
- Jessica L. Kirby. Exploring Transition-to-Practice and Mentoring of Newly Credentialed Athletic Trainers Working in the Secondary School Setting
- Jeniffer K. Popp. Supplemental Oxygen Administration Knowledge and Skill Retention in Athletic Training Students
- Stacy Walker. The Professional Socialization and Transition to Practice of Newly Certified Athletic Trainers’
GLATA Free Communication Sessions
Instructions for free communication and case report abstracts to be presented at the GLATA Annual Meeting & Symposium are available below.
- Certified Members: Free Communication and Case Report Instructions
- Sample Certified Free Communications Reviewer Evaluation Form
- Non-Certified Members: Free Communication and Case Report Instructions
- Non-Certified Members: Poster Preparation Guidelines
- Sample Non-Certified Free Communications Reviewer Evaluation Form
- Sample Non-Certified Poster Reviewer Evaluation Form
District Four is looking for a representative to serve on the NATA Convention Planning Committee. Those interested should (1) value the philosophy of evidence-based practices, (2) appreciate the breadth of the athletic training profession, (3) utilize effective communication practices, and (4) enjoy collaborative work in a large group.Read More »